Beginner Knit Baby Hat
|Posted by Live Love Mom on February 26, 2023 at 7:55 PM|
by: Stephanie Noircent
It's still pretty chilly outside, and moms everywhere are giving birth to newborns who need to stay warm. Whether you're looking for a volunteer project or wanting to gift something handmade to a mother, this is the perfect pattern for you.
- 1 pair 5mm circular needles
- Red Heart Comfort Sport yarn in a solid color
- Tapestry needle
- Wrap the yarn 30 times around the needle to measure it.
- Cast on 60 st, leaving the measured piece of yarn at the end of your work.
- K2, P2, repeating until end of row.
- Repeat step 2 for 6 rows. Height should measure 2.5 cm.
- Row 7: knit all sts.
- Row 8: purl all sts.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until desired height reached.
- K2tog until the end of the row. You should have 30 sts.
- P2tog until the end of the row. 15 sts should remain.
- K2tog until the last stitch, k1. You should have 8 sts left.
- Cut off the piece of yarn you measured in the beginning and tie one end to the tapestry needle.
- Weave the needle through the 8 sts. Pull it tight, tie off.
- Pass the tapestry needle through the yarn again to make it very secure. Tie off.
- Use the tapestry needle to loosely sew all 8 sts together. Tie off, and cut off the yarn.
- OPTIONAL: You can make or add a pompom to the top of the hat.
Have any other knitting patterns you'd like to share? Comment below!
Categories: Knitting Patterns, Homesteading, Homemade
- Current Events (32)
- Mom Tips (48)
- Homemaking Tips (10)
- Marriage Tips (17)
- Parenting Tips (38)
- Homeschooling Ideas (8)
- Family Time (14)
- Relationship Advice (16)
- Mom Life (24)
- Issues (15)
- Life Advice (39)
- TTC (3)
- Pregnancy (14)
- Postpartum (8)
- Knitting Patterns (9)
- Birth (11)
- Homesteading (10)
- Homemade (11)
- Beauty (6)
- LGBTQ (2)
- Wedding (50)
- Events and Parties (47)