|Posted by Live Love Mom on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM|
by: Stephanie McEndree
This is a perfect tank top for beginners to make that want to start making interesting patterns and want to start getting into more complex pieces. You must know how to knit in garter stitch, stockinette stitch, how to cast on, cast off and sew. You can use a tapestry or yarn needle to weave in ends. This tank top fits a child who wears size 5-6.
Size: Child 5-6
- Size 11 single-point knitting needles
- Red Heart Comfort 100g yarn in green
- US size 7 crochet needle
- Stitch holder or another single-point knitting needle
- Cast on 40 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for 12 rows.
- Knit in stockinette stitch for 2 rows.
- Knit in garter stitch for 12 rows.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until piece measures 13 inches, ending on garter stitch.
- Knit 13 stitches in garter stitch and put them on a stitch holder.
- Cast off 14 stitches. Knit last 13 stitches in garter stitch.
- Knit in garter stitch until strap measures 1 inch. Cast off.
- Remove stitch holder on future strap. Cut yarn, join it to the other 13 stitches.
- Knit in garter stitch until the strap measures 1 inch.
- Bind off, weave in ends.
- Repeat steps 1 to 10.
- Press two pieces together so the patterns are facing one another.
- Sew the shoulder straps together.
- Sew the sides, leaving 4 inches for the arm holes.
- Weave in ends. Turn inside out. Your tank top is done!