|Posted by Live Love Mom on May 15, 2020 at 9:30 AM|
by: Rebecca Norris
Posted this for my kids but this is a fun, easy activity that I just had to share!
How to make Homemade Chalk paint
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Food coloring of your choice
- Measuring cup
- Paint brush
- Measure 1/2 cup of corn starch in a measuring cup.
- Empty the corn starch into the bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup of water in a measuring cup.
- Pour the water into the bowl.
- Mix the corn starch and the water together in the bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the different cups
- Take the food coloring and add a few drops in a cup.
- Choose another color of food coloring and add a few drops in another cup.
- Repeat until you have all the cups with different food coloring.
- Mix the cups individually to form the chalk paint.
- Grab a paint brush and get painting on the driveway, sidewalk or cement paths!
Here is the result! My daughter painted a beautiful unicorn! Try it out with your kids and let their imagination run wild. What will they paint? A jungle safari? An ocean with whales, sharks and dolphins? The desert with camels? Sit back, drink some coffee and enjoy watching the masterpieces unfold!