|Posted by Live Love Mom on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 AM||comments (0)|
by: Stephanie McEndree
This is a perfect tank top for beginners to make that want to start making interesting patterns and want to start getting into more complex pieces. You must know how to knit in garter stitch, stockinette stitch, how to cast on, cast off and sew. You can use a tapestry or yarn needle to weave in ends. This tank top fits a child who wears size 5-6.
Size: Child 5-6
- Size 11 single-point knitting needles
- Red Heart Comfort 100g yarn in green
- US size 7 crochet needle
- Stitch holder or another single-point knitting needle
- Cast on 40 stitches. Knit in garter stitch for 12 rows.
- Knit in stockinette stitch for 2 rows.
- Knit in garter stitch for 12 rows.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until piece measures 13 inches, ending on garter stitch.
- Knit 13 stitches in garter stitch and put them on a stitch holder.
- Cast off 14 stitches. Knit last 13 stitches in garter stitch.
- Knit in garter stitch until strap measures 1 inch. Cast off.
- Remove stitch holder on future strap. Cut yarn, join it to the other 13 stitches.
- Knit in garter stitch until the strap measures 1 inch.
- Bind off, weave in ends.
- Repeat steps 1 to 10.
- Press two pieces together so the patterns are facing one another.
- Sew the shoulder straps together.
- Sew the sides, leaving 4 inches for the arm holes.
- Weave in ends. Turn inside out. Your tank top is done!
|Posted by Live Love Mom on June 5, 2020 at 9:15 AM||comments (5)|
by: Stephanie McEndree
This piece is perfect for beginners wanting to make their first dress. It's not as large as it would be for an adult, so it's a perfect way to start and it's not too much work to where you get discouraged. You need to know how to cast on, bind off, the garter stitch, the stockinette stitch and how to sew. This piece is knit flat, which is also ideal for beginners. Stockinette stitch gives this piece a thinner feel and look, and without sleeves makes it suitible for summer wear. With how loose it is and oversized, it allows the dress to be airy and doesn't let the kids be too hot in it.
Size: 6-7 years, oversized
-Size 11 single point knitting needles
-Red Heart Comfort 1000g yarn in red, 1 skein
-US size 7 crochet needle
- Cast on 50 stitches
- Knit rows 1-10 in garter stitch
- Knit in stockinette stitch until piece measures about 18 inches
- Knit next 10 rows in garter stitch. Piece should measure about 20 inches.
- Bind off, cut the yarn with the scissors 5 inches from the piece. The piece will be used to sew in shoulder strap.
- Repeat steps 1-5 with 2nd piece.
- Turn piece so that the garter stitch sides are facing outwards, and the pattern inwards.
- Sew the seams together at the shoulders, at least 4 inches from each side.
- Leaving a 4 inch hold from the shoulders for the arms, sew the sides together with a crochet needle. Tie off.
- Cut the end of the string about 5 inches from the piece. Sew in ends with a crochet needle.
- Turn the piece inside-out, and you have your finished piece.